Theme: Onward to Recovery through Operations Research
Date: November 9-12, 2022
Venue: Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, Eastwood City, Libis, Quezon City, Philippines 1110
Hosted by The Operations Research Society of the Philippines (ORSP)
While the massive negative short term impact caused by the pandemic has been widely felt, the long term impact brought about by border restrictions and lockdown measures remains uncertain. This conference will provide a forum to discuss the role that Operations Research (OR) has played or could play on the path to Asia-Pacific regional and world recovery. How has the experience affected organizational decision-making process? Has the adoption of OR techniques impacted operations and business resilience?
With the theme Onwards to Recovery through OR, the conference seeks to bring together OR researchers, academicians and practitioners, whose collective work has sustained OR contribution to decision-making and whose current work is expected to play a vital role in surmounting challenges on the road to recovery from the global pandemic.
The APORS 13th Conference aims to provide a forum where:
● Practitioners will share their experiences on the problems, methodologies and outcomes of applying OR to solve real-world problems in Asia Pacific and beyond;
● Decision-makers will share new applications of OR in non-traditional areas;
● Researchers will present their findings dealing with the theoretical, computational, and application aspects of OR;
● OR workers will discuss pertinent academic-, theoretical- and application- oriented issues;
● Decision-makers could gain insights from experiences of others who have benefited from the use of OR in the public and private sectors in different countries; and
● Participants will be given the opportunity to exchange ideas on how OR and Analytics can help deal with issues that will contribute to economic resurgence in the different regions of Asia Pacific and beyond.
● Everyone can share unique experiences, challenges, and OR-related solutions in surviving and rising from the global pandemic.
An Invited Session consists of a presentation session of six papers on a specific topic relevant to the themes of the conference, organized as half or full day mini-conference. We invite professors and practitioners of OR who have a special interest in a specific conference topic to take responsibility for a session, gathering papers from a range of research expertise around the world.
The organizer of an invited session shall:
● Select a topic of interest to themselves and to conference delegates.
● Obtain four papers on this topic. If there are sufficient papers the session may become a workshop.
● Ensure the papers are submitted through the APORS EasyChair online review system. Authors will just have to indicate the name of the invited session where the paper will be under.
● Coordinate with the APORS Conference Technical Committee on the review and acceptance of all papers that will be submitted under the invited session.
● Ensure the final versions of the publication files for the papers are uploaded onto EasyChair before the deadline.
● Attend the conference and chair the session.
Researchers who would like to organize one or more Sessions on topics falling within the scope of the conference are invited to submit a proposal for consideration to include session title, description, chair and contact details, and short CV of Chair (s).
We will be honored to have you organize and chair an invited session. Should you be willing to, please fill up the information listed in this form.
KEYNOTE AND INVITED SPEAKERS
Click here to view the titles of the talk and their abstracts.Prominent OR practitioners, academicians, and businessmen have been invited by the organizers to deliver keynote speeches. Speakers and delegates from different parts of the world will share their work in the parallel sessions.
Click here to view the Plenary Speakers and their abstracts.
Submissions of papers aligned with the Conference Theme, Onwards to Recovery through OR, in the following areas are welcome: Banking and Finance, Complexity and Approximation, Control Theory, Customer Relationship Management, Decision Support Systems, Economic Modeling, Energy Applications, Expert Systems and Neural Networks, Forecasting, Healthcare, Information Systems, Inventory, Knowledge Engineering and Management, Logistics and Distribution Management, Marketing, Mathematical Programming Modeling for Optimization, Modeling Systems and Languages, Production, Project Management and Scheduling, Queuing Systems, Soft OR, Strategic Planning and Management, Supply Chain Management, and Transport. Papers reporting original and unpublished research results and experience are solicited. Guidelines for abstract submission follow.
Abstracts must be written in English. Each attendee is allowed to present ONE paper at the conference.
The abstract should be typed in English, should not include mathematical notations, and must contain the following:
● Paper/proposal title;
● Abstract of not more than 500 words (no formulas or mathematical notation allowed);
● Author(s) name(s), organization, full mailing address, email address, with an indication of author(s) presenting the paper; and
● Topic (at most three, chosen from the Conference Topics List) under which paper falls and additional topics if not included in the list.
Email abstracts to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=apors2022
Please direct all other inquiries to email@example.com
PUBLICATION OF CONTRIBUTED PAPERS
Authors are encouraged to submit extended versions of their manuscripts or their full papers to the Asia Pacific Journal of Operations Research (ISSN (print): 0217-5959 | ISSN (online): 1793-7019) (http://orss.org.sg/apjor.html).
The paper will go through the regular review process of the journal. The APJOR Editors had been alerted to expect submissions from the APORS 2022.
|9:00||Leave Richmonde Hotel for City Tour|
|12:00||Lunch (own account)|
|17:00||Back at Hotel|
|19:00||Welcome Dinner at 2 Acropolis Drive||Business Attire|
|8:45||40||9:25||Guest Speaker – Lilia Guillermo, BIR Commissioner|
|9:45||5||9:50||Introduction of IFORS|
|9:50||60||10:50||IFORS Distinguished Lecture – Ahti Salo|
|10:50||60||11:50||Keynote- Karla Hoffman|
|A- Covid-19 Analytics||B- Supply Chain Planning Mktg/Retail|
|A- Public Health and Disease Control||B- Scheduling|
|A- Marketing and Finance||B- Network Optimization|
|8:00||60||9:00||Plenary Nina Kajiji|
|9:00||60||10:00||Plenary Gerhard Wilhelm Weber|
|10:30||60||11:30||Plenary Jim Cochran|
|11:30||60||12:30||Plenary Gordon Dash|
|A- Local Governance and Emergency Response||B- Inventory Management|
|A- Transportation- Freight & Fleet Mgt||B- Mathematical Modeling|
|A- Covid 19 Response & Recovery||B- Analytics & Machine Learning|
|17:15||Departure for SMX Aura, BGC|
|18:30||150||21:00||Conference Banquet||Business Attire|
|21:40||Back at Richmonde|
|A- Healthcare & Industry; Mgt in New Normal Times||B- Finance & E- Commerce|
|9:05||20||9:25||Invited Paper on Machine Learning|
|9:25||60||10:25||National Contributions 1|
|10:45||60||11:45||National Contributions 2|
|12:45||60||13:45||National Contributions 3|
|13:45||60||14:45||Youth Forum 1|
|15:05||80||16:25||Youth Forum 2|
|16:25||10||16:35||Report from the Technical Committee|
|16:35||5||16:40||Message from APORS President Invitation to 14th APORS, China|
|16:40||10||16:50||Message from IFORS President|
|16:50||10||17:00||Message from APORS VP for IFORS and Chair, Organizing Committee|
IMPORTANT DATES in 2022
Submission of abstracts EXTENDED: 1 February to 31 August 2022
Deadline for receipt of abstracts (500 words): 31 August 2022
Notification of acceptance: TBC
Registration Opens: 1 April 2022
Early bird Registration Deadline: 31 August 2022
Speaker registration and payment deadline: 15 September 2022
|ON SITE PARTICIPANTS|
In Philippine Pesos
|ORSP||₱ 10,000||₱ 12,000|
|Non – ORSP||₱ 11,000||₱ 13,000|
|Students||₱ 3,000||₱ 3,500|
|in US Dollars|
|ORSP||₱ 3,000||₱ 3,500|
|Non – ORSP||₱ 3,500||₱ 4,000|
|Students||₱ 1,500||₱ 2,000|
|in US Dollars|
The following onsite fees entitles the attendee to participation in the City Tour, Cocktails, Banquet and Conference materials. Online participants could present/ get access to all the sessions.
ON SITE PARTICIPANTS
1. ON SITE Local ORSP Members, click here
2. ON SITE Local non-ORSP members, click here
3. ON SITE Local Student participants, click here
4. ON SITE Foreign Delegates, click here
5. ON SITE Foreign Students, click here
1. VIRTUAL Local ORSP Members, click here
2. VIRTUAL Local non-ORSP members, click here
3. VIRTUAL Local Student participants, click here
4. VIRTUAL Foreign Delegates, click here
5. VIRTUAL Foreign Students, click here
To apply for membership, click here.
● Bank Deposit
● GCash Number: 0917 863 4196 (Marie Shella Mariscal).
● If paying by credit card and means other than above, click here. Payment via this mode has a service fee of 3.5%.
● If you are an ORSP member, make sure your membership fees are paid for the year.
For more information and inquiries, please contact Jenny Alzate, viber No.: +63 917 138 3653, mobile +63 927 877 5219 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those booking at Richmonde Hotel, click this link eastwoodrichmondehotel.com.ph and enter promo code APORS2022 to get the special rate. The special rates are as follows:
|Room Type||Single Occupancy|
|Superior Room||Php 3,950.00 nett|
|Deluxe Room||Php 4,550.00 nett|
|One Bedroom Suite||Php 6,050.00 nett|
Alternative accommodation at lower rates at a venue within walking distance (15 minutes crossing a pedestrian bridge) is available at https://www.microtelacropolis.com
Please contact email@example.com for rates and reservation.
Guide on Arrival and Quarantine Procedures
Complete info can be found here: Arriving In The Philippines (philippineairlines.com)
For US Citizens, please visit this link:
COVID-19 and Travel Information | Last Updated: August 22, 2022 – U.S. Embassy in the Philippines (usembassy.gov)
Covid 19 Protocols for Visiting the Philippines
COVID 19 Protocol for entering the Philippines is contained inIATF 168 issued in May 2022 can be accessed in this link: https://doh.gov.ph/sites/default/files/health-update/20220526-IATF-Resolution-168-RRD.pdf
Highlighted below are provisions that delegates may find useful.
Section A. Foreign Nationals Entering the Philippines must comply with the applicable visa requirements and immigration entry and departure formalities; and provided further they
1. Are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined in Section 2 below, except only for minor children below (12) years of age travelling with their fully-vaccinated foreign parent/s;
2. Carry/possess any of the following acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination, which shall be presented prior to departing/boarding from the country of origin/port of embarkation and upon arrival in the country:
1. World Health Organization International Certificate of Vaccination and Prophylaxis;
3. National or state manual/digital vaccination certificate of the country/foreign government;
4. Other proof of vaccination permitted by the IATF
Fully vaccinated Filipino Nationals may enter the Philippines provided that they carry/possess an acceptable proof of vaccination, as set out in Section A (1)(b) above.
For Filipinos and Foreign Delegates: All inbound passengers, whether Filipinos or foreign nationals, shall register with the One Health Pass (https://onehealthpass.com.ph/)prior to arrival in the Philippines unless exempted under relevant IATF Resolutions.
Please read the whole IATF document in case some provisions apply to you.
Wearing of masks in public places is required. Please have one on hand when you go out of the airport.
For Pre and Post Conference Tours
Discover more fun! | Department of Tourism Philippines