The Association of Asia Pacific Operational Research Societies, abbreviated as APORS, is one of the regional groupings under the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS). Its objectives are to develop operational research (OR) as a unified science and to advance it in the Asian Pacific nations through sponsoring international meetings, exchange information on operational research, encourage AP nations to establish their national societies, and promoting OR education and applications. By 2011, APORS has 12 member societies and becomes actively involved in all IFORS activities.
APORS, like other regional groupings within IFORS, does not support a secretariat for daily operation. Instead, its president and his/her national society provide secretariat function in communicating with other member societies. So far, APORS does not have any funding source. Therefore, the council meeting, generally during APORS and IFORS conferences, plays critical part in discussing some important matters and making decisions on election, triennial conference host, and collaborative activities, etc.
APORS officers are elected once every three years during the APORS triennial conference. The executive committee includes president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and a representative to IFORS as IFORS Vice President for APORS. The past and current term APORS presidents:
- 1986-1988 Woong Bae Rha (Korea)
- 1989-1991 Guang-Hui Hsu (China)
- 1992-1994 Masao Iri (Japan)
- 1995-1997 Santosh. Kumar (Australia)
- 1998-2000 Kim Lin Chew (Singapore)
- 2001-2003 S.P. Mukherjee (India)
- 2004-2006 Elise del Rosario (Philippines)
- 2007-2009 Chun Kwong Han (Malaysia)
- 2010-2012 Yaxiang Yuan (China)
- 2013-2015 Illias Mamat (Malaysia)
- 2015 – 2018 Sunity Shrestha Hada (Nepal)
- 2018-2021 Francis Miranda (Philippines)