Management Science/Operations Research Society of Malaysia (MSORSM)
The Management Science / Operations Research Society of Malaysia (MSORSM) was registered as a professional society under Section 7 Societies Act of Malaysia 1966 on 19 July 1986, and its registration number is 3935/86 (Selangor). It was inaugurated on 5 October 1986.
- The 36th national member of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS),
- The 9th national member of the Asian Pasific Operational Research Societies (APORS), and
- A member of the Confederation of Scientific and Technological Associations in Malaysia (COSTAM).
- To organize an international conference, seminars, IFORS workshops, professional talks, training modules, linkages and collaborations with Operations Research societies worldwide and linkages with industries.
- To publish newsletters, periodicals, journals, books, circulars and information leaflets after due permission from relevant authorities.
- To give awards for outstanding academic or professional achievement.
- To raise funds and to accept gifts, donations of bequests with a view of furthering directly or indirectly the objectives of the Society.
The 10th Triennial Conference of the Association of Asia-Pacific Operational Research Societies (APORS 2015) was held in the city of Kuching, in the state of Sarawak, Malaysia last 02 - 06 August 2015.