Organized for APORS by the Operations Research Society of the Philippines (ORSP)
Date: September 23 – 25, 2020
Operations Research (OR) was born with the challenges brought by World War II. It has since its founding, addressed various business, economic, health, development and sustainability issues. As the world now faces the coronavirus pandemic, said to be the most challenging crisis the world has faced since the Second World War, OR continues to be a remarkable tool to help decision makers. With the theme OR: Continuing Relevance in Challenging Times, this online conference seeks to bring together OR researchers, academicians and practitioners, whose collective work has sustained continuing OR contribution to decision-making in the past and now, in the new normal.
The 2020 pre-APORS Conference aims to provide an online forum where:
• Practitioners will share their experiences on the problems, methodologies and outcomes of applying OR to solve real-world problems;
• Decision-makers will share new applications of OR in non-traditional areas;
• OR workers will discuss pertinent academic-, theoretical- and application- oriented issues;
• Decision-makers could gain insights from experiences of others who have benefited from the use of OR in the public and private sectors; and
• Everyone will be given the opportunity to exchange ideas on how OR can help deal with the current pressing issues.
Why call it a pre-APORS Conference?
The Association of Asia Pacific Operations Research Societies (APORS) is a regional grouping of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS). Because of the current pandemic, the APORS conference slated for November 2021 has been moved to 2022 to make way for the postponed IFORS conference that should have been held in July, 2020. This is online conference is an effort to keep the APORS and the iFORS connections on going even in these challenging times.
KEYNOTE AND INVITED SPEAKERS
Keynote speakers will come from the four regions of IFORS (Asia, , Europe, Latin America, and North America). National paper contributions from the APORS countries, namely Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Iran, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, and Singapore will be featured while a limited number of papers from the Philippines are invited.
The first day will be devoted to Plenary Talks. The second day will feature invited speakers from APORS countries. Contributed papers will be scheduled on the second day.
Submissions of papers aligned with the Conference Theme in the following areas are welcome: Banking and Finance, Mathematical Programming, Corporate Strategies, Modeling, Decision Support Systems, Management Information Systems, Distribution Management, Marketing, Energy, Production Planning, Engineering Production Control, Expert Systems, Project Management, Financial Investment, Queuing, Forecasting System Dynamics, Health and Welfare Services, Transportation, Inventory Control, Innovation/Knowledge Economy, Supply Chain Management, Customer Relationship Management, Complexity Theory, Soft Methodologies. Papers reporting original and unpublished research results and experience are solicited. Guidelines for abstract submission follow.
The abstract should be typed in English, should not include mathematical notations, and must contain the following:
• Paper/proposal title;
• Abstract of not more than 200 words;
• Author(s) name(s), organization, full mailing address, email address, with an indication of author(s) presenting the paper; and
• Topic (at most three, chosen from the Conference Topics List) under which paper falls and additional topics if not included in the list.
Email to preAPORSConference@gmail.com or to the ORSP secretariat at email@example.com.
Deadline of Abstract submission: August 21, 2020
Notification of Acceptance: August 26, 2020
Deadline for author registration for inclusion in the program: August 31, 2020
• Participants who register at the conference website will be given the Zoom details of the conference. All sessions will be recorded and will be made available to registered participants.
• Registration fee is waived for active ORSP MEMBERS provided they register by September 15, 2020
• Other Registration fees:
– Local participants PhP 1,000
– Foreign participants USD 25
– Paper presenters PhP 1,500
RESERVATION/ PAYMENT METHODS:
1. Payment may be deposited directly to BDO Account No. 00151 0028 666 under the name of Operations Research Society of the Philippines, Inc. (please do not abbreviate). Please fax your deposit slip with your registration form.
2. You may also issue a crossed check payable to the Operations Research Society of the Philippines (please do not abbreviate) and bring or mail to the office address below. Your receipts will be ready for pick up during the conference at the latest.
3. You may choose to apply for/renew your membership to avail of the member rates. Contact Jenny Alzate, telefax 02 3439 9496; mobile 0927 877 5219; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries.
4. Foreign participants may pay via Paypal as given in the website.
5. Local payments may also be made by GCash to 0917 863 4196.